Tuesday, June 7, 2011

DGK Mixtape





I'm not gonna lie, I can't really speak much for some of the music on here. I never liked Peedi Crack or Corry Gunz and just so everybody knows I absolutely can't stand this dude...




Matter of fact I just plain out despise anyone from young money, except Nicki Minaj's amazingly beautiful ass. But other fools like Mobb Deep, Wale, Bun B and one of my newer favorite artists Freddy Gibbs are definitely gonna show out on here.

Tracks that stuck out:

Scottie Pippens is the shit. Super hard beat reminds me of some experimental gravediggaz or killarmy, mixed up with some newer production techniques. Must Go Hard is ridiculous. I have always been a fan of Mobb Deep since way back and hearing them on a track that is kind of Kanye-esque is fuckin sweet. Sort of reminded me of the Dear Summer track from Jayz or Memph Bleek, however you wanna look at it. But either way you couldn't go wrong with that type of combo. Bottles Go Bang is probably the dopest NORE track to come out in a decade. He should stick to that formula cause it is mad nice. The other track that really stuck out is Martial law by L.C.O.B. The track had a nice raw beat and the rhymes were decent. Now was it me or did dude sound like the guy from B-Boy Document the High and Mighty track from back in '99.

Overall I'd give the mixtape a 7 out 10:

Mainly because of the use of too many Young Money tracks. I don't give a shit if they are popular or if Jesus himself has them playing all day in his ride, in my mind they suck dick. PERIOD. Secondly it's a mixtape yet there was a large lack of mixing. I mean as a DJ myself I know how tedious it can be to try and create on every track something new and catchy. But I really can't stand the explosion transition on every track on here. If I could talk to DJ Fu I would tell him to look to some J. Period.


DGK Mixtape

No comments:

Post a Comment